Turkish wildfires claim two more lives as death toll hits 8 Aug 02, 2021 0 441 12345 dpaIstanbulTwo more people have died in the southern Turkish province of Antalya in connection with the forest fires in the country, bringing the total death toll to eight.Seven people died in Antalya and one in Marmaris. Hundreds of people were injured, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said on Twitter on Sunday.Forest fires broke out in several provinces of Turkey and emergency forces have been fighting wildfires since Wednesday mainly in the south-western Turkish provinces of Antalya and Mugla.Of the original 100 fires, six were still active on Sunday. Strong winds kept fanning the flames, hampering fire-fighting efforts.On Saturday night, several villages in the Aegean region of Bodrum, a popular holiday destination, were evacuated, according to Mayor Ahmet Aras. People were brought to safety, sometimes using boats to cross, he said.One hundred Russian tourists were also brought to safety from an eastern suburb of Bodrum, the Russian Consulate General said. They have been relocated to new hotels and were out of danger.Another village in the province of Antalya also had to be evacuated on Sunday, as the broadcaster NTV reported. Pages 12 RELATED ARTICLES Britain blames Iran for drone attack on tanker ship off Oman Aug 02, 2021 0 386 Pyongyang warns Seoul against joint military exercises with the US Aug 02, 2021 0 339 Mexico votes on making ex-presidents subject to prosecution Aug 02, 2021 0 32 Five injured in shooting on New Orleans’ Bourbon Street New Orleans, Louisiana New Orleans police are investigating a mass shooting on Bourbon Street early Sunday morning. Five people were injured in the shooting, which broke out around 3 a.m. It’s unclear if all five were .. Israeli hospitals see rising number of seriously ill COVID patients Tel Aviv The number of seriously ill coronavirus patients in Israel has exceeded the 200 mark for the first time since April. There are 362 coronavirus patients being treated in hospital, the Health Ministry said on .. YouTube blocks Sky News Australia for COVID coverage dpa Sydney The video portal YouTube has blocked the broadcaster Sky News Australia for a week because of its coronavirus coverage. A YouTube spokeswoman confirmed on Sunday that the broadcaster had been accused of ..