Fresh COVID-19 restrictions come into force today Apr 09, 2021 0 6936 12345 Tribune News NetworkDohaThe Cabinet decision reducing metro capacities to 20 percent, halting all dine-in services at restaurants and cafes and closing barber shops to curb the spread of COVID-19 will come into force from Friday.As per the decision, mosques will remain open for daily and Friday prayers, while the special Tarawih prayers performed during the holy month of Ramadan should only be conducted at homes. Children under 12 years are not allowed to enter. Toilets and ablution facilities will remain closed.Social gatherings will not be allowed at homes or other closed spaces. Up to five vaccinated people will be permitted to meet in open spaces.Cafes and restaurants will no longer be allowed to serve food indoors or in open-air spaces.Doha Metro will operate at a maximum 20 percent capacity, while stopping operation on Fridays and Saturdays. Driving schools will continue to be closed.In addition to keeping gyms, swimming pools, water parks and spas shut, the new guidelines have now ordered the closure of museums, cinemas, libraries and nurseries.Public gatherings at parks and beaches will be banned. Individual sports activities such as running and cycling will be permitted.Private and public work places will operate at no more than 50 percent capacity. The rest of the staff should work from home.Traditional markets will operate at a maximum 30 percent capacity. Children under 16 years are not allowed to enter. These markets will remain closed on Fridays and Saturdays.Wholesale markets will continue to operate at a maximum capacity of 30 percent. Children under 16 years are not allowed to enter. RELATED ARTICLES Amir meets president of 75th session of the UN General Assembly Apr 09, 2021 0 3506 Amir, Sudan’s Sovereignty Council chairman discuss ways to strengthen ties Apr 09, 2021 0 2159 MoCI to launch Ramadan initiative for meat prices Apr 09, 2021 0 1829 Burhan praises Qatar’s support for Sudan Chairman of the Transitional Sovereignty Council of the Republic of Sudan Lt Gen Abdel Fattah Al Burhan appreciated Qatar standing with his country throughout in the past, especially during the floods and coronavirus .. FIFA ready to use automated offside calls at Qatar 2022, says Wenger FIFA’s chief of football development Arsene Wenger has said it will be ready to implement an automated system for offside calls at next year’s World Cup in Qatar. FIFA said last month it was continuing to review the offside .. ‘No exemption from Fahes inspection’ Social media posts about vehicles being exempt from reporting to a Fahes centre for technical inspection this year as well are “false news”, Qatar Fuel (Woqod) said on Thursday. “We ask all customers to take information .. Qatar sees 949 new COVID-19 cases Qatar on Thursday reported 949 COVID-19 cases — 805 from community and 144 from travellers returning from abroad, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has said. Also, 521 people recovered from the virus during the past 24 ..