Police called to Harry and Meghan’s home 9 times in as many months Apr 09, 2021 0 445 12345 dpaLondonPolice have been called to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Southern California mansion nine times in as many months, official figures reveal.Since Harry and Meghan moved in to their Montecito home with 1-year-old son Archie in July last year, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office has responded to calls listed as phone requests, alarm activations and property crimes.The data, obtained under Freedom of Information laws by the PA news agency, was released after the couple shared their security fears in their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.Officers were called four times in July last year after Harry and Meghan moved to Montecito from Los Angeles, where they had been temporarily living since leaving Canada at the start of the pandemic.One call is listed as a phone request while the others are labelled “alarm activations” and all occurred in the early hours of the morning.An August request is listed as a “[Miscellaneous] Priority [Incident],” while there was a further alarm in November.At 4:13 pm on Christmas Eve, sheriff’s deputies were called to the property after a man was alleged to have trespassed. Officers returned to the mansion on Boxing Day at 2:54 pm for a call listed under “Property Crimes.” Nickolas Brooks, 37, was booked in to jail on a misdemeanour trespassing charge and later released, the sheriff’s office said.The most recent call was at 2:21 am on February 16 this year and is listed as an alarm activation.The couple’s security arrangements hit the headlines following the interview with chat show host Winfrey in March.The duchess, who is pregnant with a daughter, said she sent letters pleading with Harry’s family not to take away his personal protection officers, warning he was facing death threats.The duke said he never thought he would have his British taxpayer-funded security detail removed upon deciding to step back from royal duties.He said: “I was born into this position. I inherited the risk. So that was a shock to me.” Explaining his decision to leave Canada for the US during the early days of the pandemic, Harry said: “The biggest concern was while we were in Canada, in someone else’s house, I then got told, short notice, that security was going to be removed. By this point, courtesy of the Daily Mail, the world knew our exact location.“So suddenly it dawned on me - ‘Hang on a second, the borders could be closed, we’re going to have our security removed, who knows how long lockdown is going to be, the world knows where we are, it’s not safe, it’s not secure, we probably need to get out of here.” Pages 12 RELATED ARTICLES Merkel, Putin worried about tensions in eastern Ukraine Apr 09, 2021 0 344 Germany set for talks with Russia on Sputnik V as calls for jab grow Apr 09, 2021 0 34 White House announces executive actions to reduce gun violence Apr 09, 2021 0 38 China angered over British asylum for Hong Kong activist Nathan Law dpa London High-profile Hong Kong democracy activist Nathan Law, who fled to Britain last June, said the country has approved his asylum application, prompting an outcry from Beijing on Thursday. “After several .. Health ministers, leaders and scientists assure Britons over vaccine dpa London Health ministers, leaders and scientists in Britain have taken steps to reassure the public over any fears they may have when receiving the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine after health bodies altered their .. Britain condemns Myanmar for throwing envoy out of London embassy dpa London The British foreign secretary has criticised the Myanmar military after the country’s ambassador to Britain was locked out of the London embassy. “We condemn the bullying actions of the Myanmar military ..