Saturday, May 30, 2020
banner
Home /  Front  /  All inbound flights to Qatar remain suspended: Khater

All inbound flights to Qatar remain suspended: Khater

All inbound flights to Qatar remain suspended: Khater

QNA
Doha
All incoming flights to Qatar, except transit and air freight, will continue to remain suspended as part of the preventive and precautionary measures to limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Similarly, the lockdown of some parts of the Industrial Area will continue until further notice.
This was announced by HE Lolwah bint Rashid al Khater, Spokesperson of the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management, at a press conference in Doha on Wednesday.
Khater said Qatari citizens, in addition to Qatari children, spouses of Qataris and Qatari women and those who have permanent residence, can return to the country at any time.
However, they will have to undergo quarantine for 14 days. “They are required to inform the embassies of Qatar in the countries from where they will come at least 72 hours in advance so that proper arrangements can be made at the airport regarding quarantine procedures,” she said.
In order to preserve the safety and security of the residents of the closed part of the Industrial Area, it was decided to extend the closure, she added.
However, food and medical supplies will continue to flow into the area.
Authorities will continue to provide free medical services to everyone diagnosed with the virus and transfer them to health facilities, she noted.
Khater pointed out that there are three mobile medical units to perform necessary checks on the residents and six ambulances. Three clinics have been allocated in the area to deal with other medical conditions, she added.
She gave an extensive presentation on the spread patterns of COVID-19 in the state, recovery cases and the mechanisms in place to deal with the crisis.
She said the Ministry of Public Health received more than 43,000 calls in three weeks over the helpline (16000) in five languages such as Arabic and English, and three Asian languages spoken by most of the residents in the country.
She said about 92 percent of the calls were answered and the percentage of satisfaction with this service was about 90 percent.
She said the team answering these calls consisted of 201 people -- 51 doctors and 150 others trained as support staff. There is a 24-hour work to monitor and receive complaints, calls and questions, reassure public opinion and deal with cases of existing violations, she added.
She said the number of complaints and inquiries related to quarantine reached about 7,000 during the last period, while the number of complaints related to violations related to gatherings so far reached 1160.
Khater said more than 89 percent of the confirmed coronavirus cases in Qatar are mild and only 3 percent of the cases are serious and the remaining 8 have either recovered or died (two, both aged above 55).
Currently, 37 people are in the COVID-19 intensive care units, while 12 have been discharged.
Providing a gender-wise data among the infected, Khater said among the nationals tested positive, 47 are women and 65 are men. Among the non-Qataris, 48 are women and 685 are men.
Breaking the statistics age-wise, she said: 3 percent aged above 64 years; 10 percent in between 55 and 64 years; 18 percent aged 45-54 years; 25 percent aged 35-44 years; 31 percent aged 25-34 years and 12 percent aged 15-24 years
She pointed to some indicators related to infections, starting with the large increase in cases of infection announced on March 20, which amounted to more than 200 cases at the time, and the subsequent decline and stability, to rise again in recent times.
She said the government response was quick and consisted in shutting down that area and providing mobile health units, ambulances and other measures.