Monday, June 1, 2020
banner
Home /  Front  /  80% employees in private firms to work from home

80% employees in private firms to work from home

80% employees in private firms to work from home

QNA
Doha
The Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister and Minister of Interior HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz al Thani, on Wednesday issued a slew of precautionary measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The Cabinet meeting was held through video conference in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Cabinet has extended the decision of reducing number of employees at the workplace in government agencies.
The Cabinet has decided to reduce the number of workers present at workplace in the private sector to 20 percent. The rest 80 percent of the employees has been asked to work remotely from their homes.
The working hours for employees and workers at their workplace in the government and private sectors will be six hours per day, starting from seven in the morning until one in the afternoon. The stores of foodstuffs, pharmacies and restaurants working on deliveries are excluded from the application of this decision.
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in coordination with the concerned authorities, will determine the other necessary activities exempted from this decision.
All meetings held for employees and workers in the government and private sectors will be by distance using modern technical means. In case, this is not possible and if in-person meeting is very essential, the meeting shall be held by no more than five persons, taking into account the prevention measures determined by the Ministry of Public Health.
As per the decision, temporary home services provided by cleaning and hospitality companies have been stopped. The number of workers transported by buses will be reduced to half the capacity of the bus.
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry will intensify inspection procedures for food outlets to ensure their compliance with health requirements and preventive and precautionary measures, including maintaining distance between shoppers.
However, the military and security sector, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and diplomatic missions employees, health sector, oil and gas sector, employees of government agencies whose nature of work requires their presence, according to decisions by the head of the competent authority and workers in major state projects have been excluded from the decision. These decisions are effective from Thursday (April 2) for a period of two weeks.
During this period, the situation will be evaluated to take the appropriate decision.
The competent authorities, each within its competence, will take the necessary measures to implement these decisions.
The Cabinet approved a daft decision of the Minister of Commerce and Industry on terms and conditions of registration in the list of major suppliers, and the list of registered merchants dealing in strategic commodities.
It also approved a draft decision of the Minister of Commerce and Industry to define the list of strategic commodities.
The MoCI has prepared two projects referred to in the framework of issuing the necessary decisions to activate the provisions of Decree Law No (24) for the year 2019 to organize and manage the strategic stock of food and consumer goods.
The Cabinet reviewed a study prepared by the Permanent Population Committee regarding a report on the state of the population of Qatar, in the light of the observations made on that report.
It also reviewed a letter by the Minister of Commerce and Industry on the results of the fifth session of the Qatari-Kazakh Joint Higher Committee.