Scotland would vote for independence if Brexit goes ahead Dec 09, 2019 0 217 12345 London: Scotland would vote in favour of independence if Brexit goes ahead, but would vote to against it if Britain remains in the European Union, according to a poll released on Sunday.The poll, conducted on behalf of the Sunday Times between December 3 and 6, showed that a majority of Scots (51 per cent) would back independence if Britain leaves the EU, while 49 percent would vote against it.Meanwhile, a majority said that if Britain remains in the EU, they would vote against Scottish independence (58 per cent), with 42 percent in favour.In the 2016 Brexit referendum, 62 percent of Scottish voters opted to remain in the EU, while across Britain 52 percent voted for Brexit. (DPA) RELATED ARTICLES 30,000 MONKS ATTEND MASS ALMS-GIVING IN MYANMAR Dec 09, 2019 0 555 At least 43 killed in ‘horrific’ factory fire in India’s capital Dec 09, 2019 0 979 UK’s Johnson leaves political future open in case of Tory defeat in Thursday’s vote Dec 09, 2019 0 621 Kim has ‘everything’ to lose with hostile acts, warns Trump AFP Washington President Donald Trump warned on Sunday that North Korea’s Kim Jong-un had “everything” to lose through hostility towards the United States, after Pyongyang said it had carried out a major new weapons .. Jury would convict Trump ‘in 3 minutes flat,’ says key lawmaker AFP Washington The chairman of the US House Judiciary Committee said on Sunday that if the impeachment case against President Donald Trump were put to a jury, there “would be a guilty verdict in three minutes flat.” .. Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after almost 30 years Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia has reported its first polio case in 27 years, health authorities said on Sunday, announcing a three-month-old baby had been diagnosed on Borneo island. The Malaysian health ministry’s .. Afghan vote count impasse no closer to resolution, two months after poll DPA Kabul Two months after presidential elections in Afghanistan, a meeting aimed at finding a solution on how to handle 300,000 disputed votes failed to bring about a breakthrough on Sunday. The votes could determine .. Pope gives plum job to Filipino cardinal tipped as possible successor Vatican City: Pope Francis on Sunday promoted Filipino Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, a man tipped as one of his possible successors, to a key position within the Vatican administration. Tagle was appointed head of the ..