Tunisia approves 26 candidates to run for president in Sept vote Aug 15, 2019 0 288 12345 Tunis: Twenty-six candidates, including two women, have been approved to run in Tunisia’s early presidential elections slated for September 15, the country’s electoral commission announced on Wednesday. The 26 were accepted out of a total of 97 hopefuls who had submitted applications to run for president, head of the commission Nabil Baffoun told a press conference. Among the approved candidates are Tunisian Prime Minister Youssef Chahed, Defence Minister Abdelkarim Zbidi and media mogul Nabil Karoui. They also include Abdelfattah Morou of the influential moderate Islamist Ennahda movement, former president Moncef Marzouki and former PM Mehdi Jomaa. (DPA) Pages 123 RELATED ARTICLES Female suicide bomber kills six in Chad Aug 15, 2019 0 776 Somalia’s al Shabaab hits govt military base, deaths on both sides Aug 15, 2019 0 373 Leave our graffiti on the walls, say Sudan protesters Aug 15, 2019 0 726 Burundi starts vaccinating health workers against Ebola, says WHO Nairobi: The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday that Burundi had begun vaccinating frontline workers against Ebola at its border with the Democratic Republic of Congo, where an outbreak of the virus has .. Germany charges three Iraqis for planning Islamist attack Karlsruhe: Three Iraqis are to be charged with preparing an Islamist terrorist attack, German federal prosecutors announced on Wednesday. The three, all men, are to stand trial in Hamburg. They were detained in .. Iran’s Khamenei meets Yemen rebels after blow for Saudi coalition Tehran: Iran’s supreme leader has held talks with a senior Yemeni rebel official just days after the long-running intervention against the rebels by its regional foes Saudi Arabia and the UAE suffered a major setback. .. Syrian rebels shoot down govt warplane in northwest REUTERS BEIRUT Rebels shot down a Syrian warplane in the opposition stronghold of Idlib province on Wednesday as Russian-backed government forces closed in on a strategically important town, rebel sources and a war .. US urges release of reporter Tice, missing since 2012 in Syria Washington: The United States called on Wednesday for journalist Austin Tice, who disappeared in Syria in 2012, to be freed, reiterating the belief that he remains alive and is being held against his will. Seven years to .. Yemen govt rules out talks until separatists withdraw from Aden AFP Dubai Yemen’s government on Wednesday ruled out talks with southern separatists until they withdraw from positions they seized last week in second city Aden. The fighting saw forces that back the Southern ..