Fans to sue after Ronaldo sits out Juventus friendly in Seoul Jul 31, 2019 0 430 12345 ReutersSEOULSoccer fans in South Korea are taking legal action to seek compensation after Cristiano Ronaldo failed to play in a friendly during Juventus’ pre-season tour in Seoul last week.Ronaldo had been contracted to play at least 45 minutes against K League All Stars, according to event organisers The Fasta Inc, but ultimately sat out the entire game at a packed Seoul World Cup Stadium.An online community was formed on South Korea’s Naver web portal to protest Ronaldo’s lack of participation, and two members reached out to lawyer Kim Min-ki to file a lawsuit against the match organisers.“Many purchased tickets to see Ronaldo. The Fasta publicised that the company had a deal with Juventus which stipulated Ronaldo would play for at least 45 minutes and that Ronaldo would hold a fan signing event,” Kim told Reuters.The lawsuit is seeking compensation of 70,000 won ($59) per ticket, 1,000 won for the ticket commission fee, and 1 million won ($847) each for compensation for “mental anguish”.“Normally in such cases the plaintiffs will be refunded the price of the tickets, but I put this under a special case since the company, through false advertising, took advantage of the football star’s fans,” Kim added.“For now we have two plaintiffs who sued the company, but I have been getting a lot of calls today and I assume there will be some 60,000 more.“As for the mental anguish part, I’d like to say some of them are raucous fans, the real avid fans. So for them it is very painful because they love Ronaldo and want to protect him, but they can’t, given the situation.” The Fasta CEO Robin Chang confirmed to local broadcaster SBS that the contract stipulated Ronaldo play 45 minutes and said she found out that the 34-year-old would not take part 10 minutes into the second half.“When I went to argue with (Pavel) Nedved, the vice president of Juventus, all he said was ‘I also wish Ronaldo ran, but he doesn’t want to. Sorry, there’s nothing I can do.’ I was so frustrated,” Chang told SBS. Pages 123 RELATED ARTICLES Moreno joins Al Gharafa; Rashidov inks deal with QSC Jul 31, 2019 0 872 Murray closer than he thought to singles return, to play doubles with brother Jamie at Citi Open Jul 31, 2019 0 287 Tuchel tells stars to ‘make sacrifices’ after Sydney win Jul 31, 2019 0 477 Mimi to wear number nine shirt at Al Duhail Al Duhail presented star signing Mohanad Ali to the media on Tuesday. The young Iraqi will be a focal point of the team’s attack alongside Almoez Ali and Edmilson Jr, after the departure of Yousef El Arabi to Greek side .. Semenya to miss Doha worlds after Swiss court ruling AFP Paris Caster Semenya will not defend her world 800m title in Doha in September after a Swiss judge overruled a temporary suspension on the IAAF’s controversial testosterone-curbing rules, her representatives said .. Real Madrid’s pre-season struggles continue with 1-0 loss to Tottenham in Germany AFP Munich Real Madrid’s disastrous pre-season continued on Tuesday as they lost 1-0 to Tottenham in Munich. “Our defeat was well deserved,” Real midfielder Tony Kroos told German TV after the match. “It’s true that .. PSG sign Idrissa Gueye from Everton Senegal midfielder Idrissa Gueye has completed his transfer from Everton to Paris Saint-Germain, the French champions confirmed on Tuesday. “Paris St-Germain is thrilled to announce the signing of Idrissa Gueye!” .. Brazil police end Neymar rape probe over lack of evidence AFP Sao Paulo Police in Brazil probing rape allegations against football superstar Neymar have closed the case due to a lack of evidence, the Sao Paulo attorney general’s office said Monday. The police decision will be ..