Monday, June 27, 2022
banner
Home /  FIRSTPAGE  /  QNA hacking: A year on, siege countries lose their credibility

QNA hacking: A year on, siege countries lose their credibility

QNA hacking: A year on, siege countries lose their credibility


Tribune News Network
Doha
The hacking of Qatar News Agency (QNA) on May 24 last year foreshadowed the size of the conspiracy against Qatar. The motive was to usurp its wealth, force it to surrender its sovereignty and deny it the right to host the 2022 World Cup.
A year after that fateful event, social media activists and experts say the QNA hacking has exposed the true colour of the blockading countries.
On the first anniversary of QNA hacking, a hashtag in Arabic named"Anniversary of midnight fake news" was trending on Twitter with social media users saying that the hacking is over, the traitors and conspirators are exposed and Qatar today is not only stronger but also more resilient to challenges than ever before. And the siege countries have lost their credibility by spreading lies.
The QNA hacking followed by an unjust blockade of Qatar has proved Qatar's ability to gain allies and through its wise diplomacy Qatar to win friends world over and expose the nefarious plans of the blockading countries.
Qatar Media Corporation Chief Executive Officer Sheikh Abdulrahman bin Hamad al Thani said in a tweet,"A year has passed and we are blessed as the Amir HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al Thani said 'we are looking forward to the future, leaving behind us the formalities that never served Qatar's strategic interests'."
Director of the Information Office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ahmed bin Saeed al Rumaihi tweeted,"Who we were considering 'the eldest' wanted to be 'the youngest' through his actions. The hacking exposed how they (the siege countries) resorted to the tricks of lies and fabrications."
Executive Editor of Al-Watan Fahad al Emadi tweeted,"The fabrication of news in the media is considered a crime. So, how about publishing fake news related to the leader of a country? Since then, the siege countries have failed to regain their credibility."
Under the hashtag, Central Municipal Council Vice-President Hamad al Muhannadi tweeted,"Saudis, Emiratis and Bahrainis refused to accept the fake news until the authorties there issued a law to punish those who sympathise with Qatar. I remember how all the Gulf Twitterati stood against these fake news and refused to abuse Qatar."
Hamad al Kuwari tweeted,"It was clear to everyone that it (hacking) was a prelude to a bigger action.... Strangely, the siege countries' claims were all lies. They lost respect of their own people before losing the good feelings of Qataris for them."
Anoter Twitter user said,"We will not forget their lies, tyranny, claims and immorality. We will not forget their plans and conspiracies. We didn't think they harboured so much hatred in their hearts... Praise be to Allah who exposed their true image. We are fine without them," said another Twitterati.
"Qatar has been a winner since the first day. Thank God, Qatar is progressing and inching towards achieving self-sufficiency in most areas and our enemies lose daily," said another Twitter user.