copy short urlprintemail
+ A
A -
Qatar tribune
Tribune News Network
Qatar’s Cabinet withdrew two more restrictions imposed to contain the spread of COVID-19 and amended another decision, at its weekly regular meeting held at the Amiri Diwan headquarters on Wednesday.
Chaired by Prime Minister and Minister of Interior HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, the Cabinet withdrew its decisions banning medical services in private healthcare facilities and suspending temporary home services provided by cleaning and hospitality companies.
These services can resume from September 1, 2020.
The Cabinet also amended a decision mandating all office meetings to be held remotely. From September 1, government and private offices can convene in-person meetings with the attendance of no more than 15 people.
Besides, the Cabinet gave its approval to continue allowing private and government employers to let 80 percent of their staff come to the offices. The remaining 20 percent will continue to work remotely.
The decisions were announced by Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr Issa bin Saad Jaffali Al Naimi.
The Cabinet meeting started with the Minister of Public Health HE Dr Hanan Mohammed al Kuwari apprising the members of the latest developments in Qatar’s pandemic situation.
copy short url   Copy