Saturday, September 19, 2020
banner
Latest News
80% employees can go back to offices as Qatar Cabinet announces more COVID-19 relaxations
QT-Online
/ Categories: Top News

80% employees can go back to offices as Qatar Cabinet announces more COVID-19 relaxations

QNA
Doha
Qatar's Cabinet on Wednesday amended its earlier decisions to now allow state and private employers to bring 80 percent of their workforce back to offices. The remaining 20 percent will have to continue working remotely.
Chaired by the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani via video conference, the Cabinet has also amended its decision and allowed private healthcare facilities in Qatar to operate at 80 percent capacity, subject to certain conditions.
The amendments will come into effect on Tuesday and were announced by Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr Issa bin Saad Jaffali Al Naimi.
The Cabinet placed restrictions on the number of employees working in offices and operational capacity at healthcare facilities as part of its measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in Qatar.
The regular Cabinet meeting on Wednesday started with the Minister of Public Health Dr Hanan Mohammed al Kuwari apprising the members of the latest developments in Qatar’s pandemic situation.
The Cabinet has also taken the following decisions:
First - Approved the draft decision of the Minister of Trade and Industry to amend some provisions of Resolution No. (70) for the year 2006 regarding commercial stores located in residential areas.
Second - The Cabinet reviewed the following two topics, and took the appropriate decision:
1 - The semi-annual report for the period from 10/20/2019 to 20/4/2020 of the Committee for Regulating Non-Qatari Ownership of Real Estate and Utilizing it.
Among the committee’s powers are to propose areas in which non-Qataris are permitted to own and use real estate, the terms and conditions of their ownership, and the benefits, incentives, and facilities granted to real estate owners and users.
2 - The fifth report on the work of the Coordination Committee between the agencies operating at Hamad International Airport during the period from 1/10/2019 to 3/31/2020.
Among the functions of the committee is to coordinate work between all operating entities at Hamad International Airport, to facilitate air transport operations and activities and movement Airplanes, passengers, goods and mail to and from the state, in accordance with the laws and regulations in force, and provide the requirements necessary to facilitate and facilitate the work of airport activities.

Previous Article COVID-19: 3 deaths, 441 new cases and 450 recoveries in Qatar on Wednesday
Next Article Nurses working tirelessly to defeat COVID-19, says PHCC
Print
6451 Rate this article:
4.0

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x