QT-Online / Monday, July 20, 2020 / Categories: Top News, Lifestyle/Fashion The Pearl-Qatar comes alive as beaches, retail stores and restaurants reopen More than 1.8 million vehicles have entered The Pearl-Qatar since June when Qatar started rolling back COVID-19 restrictions, said United Development Company (UDC), a leading Qatari public shareholding company and the master developer of The Pearl-Qatar and and Gewan Island. This marks a 50 percent increase since May. The figures saw a remarkable increase in the past two weeks as a result of the reopening of beaches, mosques, retail stores and restaurants, with 668,000 vehicles entering the Island in the first two weeks of July, which represents an increase of 17% compared to the numbers recorded in the same period last year. Peak hours were registered between 5 pm and 9 pm. The increase in visitor influx has evidently contributed to an increase in retail activity,as The Pearl-Qatar continuesto be a prime destination forentertainment, shopping and dining, with more than 350 retail and F&B outlets currently operating on the Island. Based on the current figures, it is expected that the number of visitors will continue rising with more restrictions being lifted by next month, including the reopening of parks, playgrounds, nurseries, salons, spasand gyms. Having said that, UDC has taken active preventive measures and imposed strict restrictions since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, to ensure the safety of all residents and visitors of The Pearl-Qatar; and continues to do so in light of the State of Qatar’s directives. Previous Article COVID-19: Oxford vaccine can train immune system, says report Next Article Qatar’s local dates festival 2020 kicks off Print 8076 Rate this article: 3.8 Please login or register to post comments.