Friday, June 18, 2021
banner
Latest News
Second phase of reopening: Limit on gatherings brought down from 10 to 5 people
QT-Online
/ Categories: Top News

Second phase of reopening: Limit on gatherings brought down from 10 to 5 people

Tribune News Network
Doha
All gatherings in public and private places should be limited to a maximum of five persons, Qatar’s Supreme Committee for Crisis Management said on Sunday as it reaffirmed that the second phase of easing COVID-19 restrictions will start on July 1.
The limit on gatherings has been brought down from 10 to five as many new COVID-19 cases among Qataris were traced to gatherings in majilises and family visits. Meanwhile, increased interactions and laxity in adhering to precautionary measures were blamed for a surge in infections among white-collar residents. 

"Based on public health data and indicators of the prevalence of COVID-19 in society, including the passing of the peak stage, low curve and weak reproductive number of the virus, it has been decided to start the second stage of the gradual opening on July 1, 2020."
In the second phase of reopening, the Supreme Committee said mosques would remain open to worshippers in a controlled manner and employers can let 50 percent of their total staff return to the offices.
Restaurants can also operate at limited capacity but more details on this will be issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry later, it said, adding that libraries and museums, too, can also open at limited capacity and for specific hours.
The committee said private healthcare facilities can operate at 60 percent capacity and families can charter ships and yachts but with a maximum of 10 people from July.
Doha Corniche, along with the rest of the parks and some beaches, will also reopen for all age groups but the public visiting these places will have to maintain social distancing and adhere to other COVID-19 precautions, it said. Playgrounds, however, will continue to remain closed, it added.
Professionals, not more than 10, can start training in open spaces and large halls, it said.
Earlier this month, the Supreme Committee announced a four-phase plan to lift the curbs to contain the spread of coronavirus. The first phase began on June 15. The second phase would start on July 1, the third on August 1 and the fourth on September 1.
The Supreme Committee said the transition from one phase to the other depends on the cooperation of the public and their adherence precautionary measures. It called on the people to wear masks whenever they are out of their homes, download COVID-19 contact-tracing app Ehteraz and exercise social distancing.


Previous Article Person seen throwing QR500 notes in video arrested: MoI
Next Article At least 15 dead after passenger ferry capsizes in Bangladeshi river
Print
13601 Rate this article:
3.8

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x