Sunday, May 29, 2022
banner
Latest News
50% of employees can return to offices from July 1: Cabinet
QT-Online
/ Categories: Top News

50% of employees can return to offices from July 1: Cabinet

Tribune News Network
Doha
Qatar's Cabinet on Wednesday approved amendments to restrictions on staff strength at workplaces and on services at private healthcare facilities.
The regular Cabinet meeting on Wednesday was chaired by Prime Minister and Interior Minister HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani through video conference.
Following the meeting,Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs HE Dr Issa bin Saad Al Jafali Al Nuaimi issued a statement giving the details.
The amendments would pave the way for private and government sector employers to increase the number employees who can come to offices to 50 percent of the total strength. The rest will continue to work remotely. They would also enable private healthcare sectors to operate at 60 percent capacity. The decisions would come into effect from July 1.
At the beginning of the meeting, the Minister of Public Health apprised the Cabinet on the latest developments to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and the continued the application of the first phase of the plan to gradually lift the restrictions.
It may be recalled that at the regular Cabinet meeting on April 1, it was decided to extend the decision taken on March 18 to reduce the number of employees present and working at public sector offices.
It was later decided to slash the number of workers present in the private sector to 20 percent of the total in each organisation, and allow the remaining 80 percent to work remotely.
Previous Article Qatar’s COVID-19 death toll crosses 100 as 1,199 more people test positive
Next Article Hamilton International School hosts Qatari mountaineer Fahad Badar
Print
5145 Rate this article:
3.8

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x