QT-Online / Wednesday, May 27, 2020 / Categories: Top News Qatar’s COVID-19 death toll jumps to 30 as 1,740 more test positive Tribune New Network Doha Two more patients succumbed to coronavirus in Qatar on Wednesday, bringing the death toll so far to 30, the Ministry of Public Health has said. The deceased were aged 75 and 68 and both of them had been suffering from chronic diseases, the ministry said and extended its condolences to their families. The last 24 hours also saw 1,740 more people testing positive and 1,439 patients recovering from the disease. With this, the total number of identified infections since the outbreak in Qatar rose to 48,947. Of them, 13,283 have recovered and 35,634 are currently under treatment. Over the last 24 hours, 12 people were admitted to intensive care units (ICUs) due to the virus, bringing the total number of cases in ICUs to 203. The Ministry states that the new cases are due to expatriate workers who were infected with the virus as a result of contact with individuals who were previously infected, in addition to recording new cases of infection among groups of workers in different regions. The new cases have been identified after conducting investigations by the research and investigation teams of the Ministry of Public Health that contributed to early detection of cases. Cases of infection have also increased among citizens and residents as a result of contact with infected family members who had been infected in the workplace or through visits and family gatherings. The new confirmed cases of infection have been introduced to complete isolation in the various medical facilities in the country, where they receive the necessary healthcare according to the health status of each case. Previous Article Twitter tags Trump tweet with fact-checking warning Next Article Trump to announce strong Hong Kong response this week Print 8217 Rate this article: 4.1 Please login or register to post comments.