QT-Online / Tuesday, May 26, 2020 / Categories: Top News Two more die of COVID-19 in Qatar as record 1,481 recover in a single day Tribune New Network Doha Two more patients succumbed to coronavirus in Qatar on Tuesday, bringing the death toll so far to 26, the Ministry of Public Health has said. The deceased were aged 58 and 60 and both of them had been suffering from chronic diseases, the ministry said and extended its condolences to their families. The last 24 hours also saw 1,742 more people testing positive and a record 1,481 patients recovering from the disease. With this, the total number of identified infections since the outbreak in Qatar rose to 47,207. Of them, 11,844 have recovered and 35,335 are currently under treatment. Over the last 24 hours, 19 people were admitted to intensive care units (ICUs) due to the virus, bringing the total number of cases in ICUs to 205. The Ministry states that the new cases are due to expatriate workers who were infected with the virus as a result of contact with individuals who were previously infected, in addition to recording new cases of infection among groups of workers in different regions. The new cases have been identified after conducting investigations by the research and investigation teams of the Ministry of Public Health that contributed to early detection of cases. Cases of infection have also increased among citizens and residents as a result of contact with infected family members who had been infected in the workplace or through visits and family gatherings. The new confirmed cases of infection have been introduced to complete isolation in the various medical facilities in the country, where they receive the necessary healthcare according to the health status of each case. The Ministry revealed that the number of positive cases between citizens and residents witnessed a significant rise, with the number of infections relating to family gatherings, visits and sharing meals together with relatives and extended families. The Ministry of Public Health states that Qatar is still in the peak phase of the virus outbreak, which is seeing a rise in the number of infections recorded daily, and therefore it is necessary to adhere to, more than ever before, the preventive measures and social measures recommended. The Ministry also stresses the importance for the elderly or those suffering from chronic diseases and their family members to follow strict measures to reduce the chances of infection, including refraining from social visits during Eid al-Fitr and beyond. Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 should either quickly contact the 16000 helpline or go directly to one of the designated health centers for testing the virus. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it. Previous Article Qatar sends medical aid to more countries on Amir’s directives Next Article Amir receives call from Prime Minister of India Print 6987 Rate this article: 3.5 Please login or register to post comments.