Thursday, June 4, 2020
banner
Latest News
59 more test positive for coronavirus in Qatar, three recover
QT-Online
/ Categories: Top News

59 more test positive for coronavirus in Qatar, three recover

Tribune News Network
Doha
The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Qatar jumped by 59 to 693 on Monday, the Ministry of Public Health said.
Meanwhile, three people made recovery in the last 24 hours to take the total to 51.
The ministry said some of the newly-diagnosed individuals were among those returned to Qatar, particularly the United Kingdom while some were family members or relatives of those tested positive earlier.
So far, 20,058 people have been tested for the virus in Qatar.
Qatar on Saturday confirmed the first death in the country due to the coronavirus. A Bangladeshi national, who was suffering from chronic diseases, died of the virus.
After first appearing in Wuhan, China in December, the virus, officially known as COVID-19, has spread to at least 177 countries and regions, according to data compiled by U.S.-based Johns Hopkins University.
More than 640,500 cases have been reported worldwide, with the death toll exceeding 29,800 and more than 137,200 recoveries.

Previous Article Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus and is out of self-isolation
Next Article Qatar’s new lab technique may lead to surge in daily COVID-19 cases: MoPH
Print
8610 Rate this article:
3.9

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x