QT-Online / Wednesday, January 29, 2020 / Categories: Top News First case of coronavirus infection confirmed in UAE Tribune News Network Doha First case of the novel coronavirus in the United Arab Emirates has been confirmed by its health ministry, according to the local media. A family who arrived in UAE from Wuhan, China, is found to have been infected with the virus, the Ministry of Health and Community Protection of the Emirate said in a statement issued to the local media. The report that published the statement did not say how many have been affected. According to Gulf News, the infected is "stable and under medical observation". The virus, which first emerged in Wuhan and has spread to more than 15 countries, has so far claimed 132 lives and infected nearly 6,000 people across the globe. No other country in the GCC has reported any confirmed case of the coronavirus infection. Although some reports had said an expatriate resident was infected in Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Centre for Disease Control and Prevention has denied them. Qatar's Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) confirmed in a statement that “no cases of the China Novel Coronavirus have been detected in Qatar.” It called on the public “to not pay attention to any information not issued by trusted authorities.” The ministry has also initiated at the Hamad International Airport (HIA) thermal screening of all travellers coming from China, as part of its precautionary measures to detect cases of the novel Coronavirus. Previous Article Foreigners airlifted from China virus epicentre, death toll hits 132 Next Article Amir patronises graduation of seventh batch of Al Zaeem Air College Print 3330 Rate this article: 4.5 Please login or register to post comments.