Prince Harry resurfaces but stays silent on royal rumpus Jan 17, 2020 0 208 12345 AFPLondonPrince Harry kept silent on Thursday about the shock decision he and his wife took last week to quit as full-time royals at his first public appearance since the bombshell announcement.Harry, 35, took part in the draw for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in an engagement at Buckingham Palace in London, planned long before he and Meghan triggered the still-unresolved royal crisis. He appeared relaxed and jovial despite the tumult surrounding him, with final decisions on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s future due within days.After struggling in the spotlight, the couple said they wanted to step back as senior royals and split their time between Britain and Canada.They also said they wanted to become financially independent from official royal funding and pull out of the palace’s media arrangements.They made the announcement unilaterally on a new website -- without first checking with Harry’s grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II.Heading inside after meeting schoolchildren playing rugby on the lawns of the queen’s official London residence, he said: “Look after the grass though, yeah? Otherwise I’ll get in trouble.” A reporter shouted out: “How are the discussions going on your future?” but Harry did not reply nor did he say anything on the crisis during the competition draw. He got a laugh as he turned his back to stir the mini-rugby balls with the participating countries’ names inside.A jocular Harry then pretended to stir them as if with a spoon, stopped and said: “This is not a cooking show.” A December photograph of the queen with Harry’s father Prince Charles, brother Prince William and nephew Prince George stirring Christmas puddings at Buckingham Palace was reportedly a factor that led to Harry feeling edged out of the institution’s future.Harry is patron of the Rugby Football League, the sport’s governing body in England. “Not only do I continue to see sport actually changing lives, but it’s saving lives as well,” he said.Jon Dutton, chief executive of the 16-team tournament, hoped Harry’s reduced role in the royal engagements would not affect his involvement with the World Cup, which takes place in October and November next year. RELATED ARTICLES French unions march, vow to stand firm as pension strike softens Jan 17, 2020 0 212 Trump impeachment trial begins in Senate Jan 17, 2020 0 1643 Ukraine launches investigation into ‘surveillance’ of former US envoy Jan 17, 2020 0 227 Trump’s impeachment articles read out on US Senate floor “In his conduct, and in violation of his constitutional oath... Donald J Trump has abused the powers of the presidency,” Representative Adam Schiff, one of the House managers who will lead the prosecution of the .. Greece to elect first woman president on January 22 Athens: Greece will elect its first woman president on January 22 after leading opposition parties on Thursday approved the government’s nomination of top judge Ekaterini Sakellaropoulou. Main opposition leftist .. Millennials fear nuclear attack in next decade: Red Cross survey Geneva: More than half of millennials fear there will be a nuclear attack somewhere in the world within the next decade, according to a survey by the Red Cross released on Thursday. Some 47 percent of respondents to the poll .. Govt appeals ‘unduly lenient’ sentence for UK’s most prolific rapist London: Britain’s attorney-general on Thursday appealed against a minimum 30-year prison term given to an Indonesian man described as the country’s worst-known sex offender, calling it “unduly lenient”. Geoffrey .. US Senate approves new North American trade deal AFP Washington The US Senate on Thursday voted overwhelmingly to approve a new North American trade pact, handing President Donald Trump a second back-to-back trade win just as his impeachment trial was beginning in ..