Ready for Syria operation ahead of Trump talks, says Turkey’s Erdogan Sep 22, 2019 0 99 12345 Ankara: Turkey’s preparations on the border with Syria ahead of a possible operation have been completed, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Saturday ahead of talks with US counterpart Donald Trump. “Our preparations along the border have been completed,” Erdogan told reporters in Istanbul ahead of his flight to New York for the United Nations General Assembly. He has given the US until the end of the month for concrete results on the development of a “safe zone” on Turkey’s border, after which Turkey will go in. Trump and Erdogan will discuss the matter when the Turkish leader is in New York. Although earlier this month, the NATO allies launched joint patrols in northeastern Syria, Turkish officials have described the US actions as “cosmetic” and warned against delays. (AFP) POST A COMMENT RELATED ARTICLES Iran issues warning as US deploys troops to Saudi Arabia Sep 22, 2019 0 1212 Hundreds of protesters call for Egypt President Sisi to step down Sep 22, 2019 0 135 Hong Kong police, protesters clash in 16th weekend of rallies Sep 22, 2019 0 359 Saudi vows response to oil attacks ‘aggression’ Cairo: Saudi Arabia on Saturday vowed to take “appropriate measures” in response to last weekend’s attacks on its oil facilities that the kingdom blamed on Iran. Yemen’s Iran-linked Houthi rebels have claimed .. Somali pirates release Iranian held hostage since 2015 Nairobi: An Iranian held for more than four years by Somali pirates has been released, a humanitarian organization that helps hostages said on Saturday. Mohammad Sharif Panahandeh was a crew member on the FV Siraj, an .. Rights group urges restraint after protests against Sissi dpa Cairo An international rights group has called on Egyptian authorities to protect the right to peaceful protest and to immediately release those detained, hours after the country saw rare protests against .. Second drone downed in 48 hours over south Syria, says Damascus AFP Damascus A drone was shot down on Saturday in Quneitra province in southern Syria, the second such incident in 48 hours, state media said. Authorities “dismantled a drone” after it was shot down on the edge of Jaba .. Nigeria rejects United Nations report on violence Abuja: Nigeria on Friday rejected the findings of a UN report on violence in the country accusing it of simply blaming the government of President Muhammadu Buhari. “While we agree that the violence in Nigeria, or in any ..