AU condemns attacks in Burkina Faso that killed 29 Sep 11, 2019 0 705 12345 Addis Ababa: The African Union (AU) chairperson Moussa Faki Mahamat on Tuesday condemned two attacks that killed 29 people in northern Burkina Faso over the weekend. “These attacks are the latest illustration of the seriousness of the terrorism threat in the Sahel,” Mahamat said in a statement. According to the Burkina Faso Ministry of Communications, “terrorists” attacked a convoy carrying supplies in the Dablo Kelbo area on Sunday and killed 14 people. In a separate incident on the same day, 15 people were killed and six injured when a truck drove over an explosive device in the Sanmatenga province, the ministry said in a second statement. (dpa) Pages 123 RELATED ARTICLES US says Iran’s failure to address IAEA concerns ‘unacceptable’ Sep 11, 2019 0 1162 More than 30 dead in stampede at Iraqi Shiite shrine Sep 11, 2019 0 377 US efforts to create Syria safe zone largely ‘cosmetic’: Turkey Sep 11, 2019 0 261 Netanyahu vows to annex WB’s Jordan Valley if re-elected AFP Jerusalem Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a deeply controversial pledge on Tuesday to annex the Jordan Valley in the occupied West Bank if re-elected in September 17 polls. “There is one place where .. Lebanon urges US to continue mediation on Israel border dispute AFP Beirut Lebanon’s President Michel Aoun on Tuesday urged Washington to help mediate a solution to a maritime border dispute with Israel, as Beirut looks to start offshore oil and gas exploration. Aoun made the request .. Hezbollah says it downed Israel drone to boost deterrence BEIRUT: Hezbollah’s leader said on Tuesday his Iran-backed movement had shot down an Israeli drone in Lebanon for the first time to strengthen deterrence against attack by arch-foe Israel. On Monday, Hezbollah said it .. Hamas says it shot down Israeli drone in south Gaza dpa Tel Aviv/Gaza City The radical Islamist Hamas group claimed responsibility for the downing of an Israeli drone which fell in the southern Gaza Strip overnight. A spokeswoman for the Israeli army (IDF) confirmed that .. 250,000 Somalians displaced since January, says NGO Johannesburg: A quarter of a million Somalians have been forced to flee their homes so far this year because of drought, conflict and insecurity, according to a report released by the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) on .. Hundreds of Nigerians to take free evacuation from South Africa ABUJA: At least 640 Nigerians have signed up to take free flights home from South Africa after xenophobic attacks on foreigners, a spokeswoman for Nigeria’s president said on Tuesday. The flare-up in violence directed .. S Africa to ‘clamp down’ on hiring of undocumented migrant workers after attacks AFP Johannesburg South Africa’s security ministers on Tuesday vowed to put an end to the hiring of undocumented foreign workers as the country tackles a wave of xenophobic attacks that claimed 12 lives. Defence Minister ..