Qatari, son’s enforced disappearance in Saudi Arabia: NHRC Aug 22, 2019 0 857 12345 QNADohaThe National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) has received credible information about the enforced disappearance of 70-year-old Qatari national Ali Nasser Ali Jarallah and his 17-year-old son Abdulhadi in Saudi Arabia.In a statement on Wednesday, the NHRC said the Qatari citizen and his son entered Saudi Arabia under a family permit on Thursday, August 15, 2019.“The information received indicates that the Qatari citizen and his son were forcibly disappeared on Sunday, August 18, 2019, at 1 pm, in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, where they were arrested by the Saudi authorities and were kept in an undisclosed location,” it said.The NHRC condemned the enforced disappearance of the Qatari citizen and his son, which violates all international and regional covenants, especially Article 9 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and Article 14 of the Arab Charter on Human Rights, as a clear violation of their rights to freedom and security.The committee expressed its concern about this enforced disappearance, especially as the Saudi authorities have recently adopted a policy of enforced disappearance of a number of Qatari citizens due to the political crisis.“The NHRC holds Saudi Arabia fully responsible for the life, physical and health safety of Qatari national Ali Nasser Ali Jarallah and his son Abdulhadi, and calls upon the Saudi authorities to disclose their whereabouts and release them immediately,” the statement added.It also urgently called on the High Commissioner for Human Rights, the UN Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances and the Human Rights Council to intervene immediately to stop these systematic and gross violations against Qatari citizens. RELATED ARTICLES Deputy Amir meets outgoing Swedish envoy Aug 22, 2019 0 1442 IndiGo to start four new flights to India next month Aug 22, 2019 0 1412 Fully prepared for new academic year: MoI Aug 22, 2019 0 870 Registration and transfer of students in public schools to run until Sept 5 The registration and transfer of students for the academic year 2019-20 started on Wednesday in public schools for all the educational levels, according to the Ministry of Education and Higher Education. The .. South Africa exempts Qataris from entry visa requirements QNA Doha The Republic of South Africa has decided to exempt Qatari passport holders from the requirements of entry visa and allow them to stay for a period of 90 days, as of August 15, 2019. This was announced by an official .. Sudan swears in new ruling council Sudan took further steps in its transition towards civilian rule on Wednesday with the swearing in of a new sovereign council, to be followed by the appointment of a prime minister. The body replaces the Transitional .. Saudi-UAE-led coalition killed 47 Yemen fishermen in 2018: HRW A Saudi-UAE-led military coalition battling Yemen’s Houthi rebels killed dozens of fishermen in bombing attacks on fishing boats last year, a leading rights group has said. Human Rights Watch (HRW) on Wednesday called ..