QT-Online / Wednesday, February 19, 2020 / Categories: Top News Nine dead after two shisha bar attacks in Germany Nine people were killed in two shootings at shisha bars in the western German city of Hanau. Several other people were also injured after a gunman opened fire at 22:00 local time (21:00 GMT) on Wednesday, police said. The suspect was later found dead at his home, along with the body of a second person, according to police. There appeared to be no other perpetrators, they added, and said the investigation was ongoing. The motive for the attack is unclear. Bild newspaper reported that the suspect was a German citizen with a firearms licence, and that ammunition and gun magazines had been found in his car. The first shooting was at Midnight shisha bar in the city centre, while the second was at the Arena Bar & Cafe in Hanau's Kesselstadt neighbourhood. The clientele were reported to have been predominantly Kurdish. The shootings sparked a seven-hour manhunt, while officers searched for what they thought could have been multiple gunmen. The initial death toll was eight, but this was raised to nine in the early hours of the following morning after one of the wounded victims succumbed to their injuries. Hanau's local MP Katja Leikert said it had been a "terrible night", adding: "Hopefully the injured recover swiftly. It is a horrific scenario for us all." Previous Article Second Qatari-Turkish Military Dialogue meeting concludes in Ankara Next Article India: At least 19 die as truck crashes into Kerala bus in Tamil Nadu Print 857 Rate this article: No rating Please login or register to post comments.